Hetzendorf Palace

At the beginning of the 18th century, the hunting lodge, the "Thunhof", built in 1694, was transformed into a Baroque garden palace with a courtyard of honour according to the plans of Anton Ospel and Antonio Beduzzi. In 1742 Empress Maria Theresa acquired the palace as a widow's and retirement residence for her mother Elisabeth Christine and had it further developed by the court architect Nicolaus Pacassi.
Renowned artists created both architectural and artistic masterpieces, including a fresco depicting the goddess of the dawn Aurora in the ceiling mirror of the vestibule by Daniel Gran, sculptures in the staircase as well as sphinxes and attic figures in the outdoor area by Lorenzo Mattielli or the figure painting by Carlo Carlone in the ballroom.
Hetzendorf Palace has been the seat of the Hetzendorf Fashion School since 1946. The state rooms on the ground floor and first floor as well as the park in front of the south fa├žade can be rented individually or in any desired combination for events and filming.

Malena Brenek, Laura Payer, Fanny Hofstetter