Dr.-Karl-Lueger- Platz

The monument to the former mayor of Vienna, Karl Lueger (1897-1910), was unveiled in 1926 on the square of the same name.

In the process of constructing the underground system, remarkable remains of the demolished Stubentor were uncovered in 1985-1987. Parts of the former Stubenbastei were bricked up so that they are visible up to the surface of the square, while the outline of the Stubentor was marked out on the street surface.


Responsibility of: MA 46

© Vienna Film Commission