The Marx Halle is a landmarked architectural jewel of Neu Marx. In 1877, the City of Vienna decided to establish the Vienna Central cattle market in St. Marx. The Marx Halle was built from 1878 to 1898 according to plans by the architect Rudolf Frey. Today, it forms the central core of the urban development area Neu Marx. The building is the first wrought iron construction in Vienna, it consists of two three-aisled halls, which are united along their longitudinal axis by a covered driveway.