The Schweizergarten is located in the 3rd district of Vienna (Landstraße) and was created in 1904 by the Wiener Stadtgärten. In 1965, the grounds were expanded to their current size. Large ponds with rock sections and fountains, an alpine plant garden as well as numerous exotic trees characterize the Schweizergarten. Park benches line the pedestrian paths.
Play and sports facilities range from playgrounds with swings, seesaws, slides, and sand and water play areas to a zip line, trampoline, fitness equipment, slacklining opportunities, soccer fields, table tennis tables, and a toboggan hill. Public toilet facilities are available as well as two dog zones and several drinking fountains.
The Belvedere 21 or 21er Haus - Museum of Contemporary Art (architect: Karl Schwanzer) is also located in the Schweizergarten. The steel structure served as the Austrian pavilion during the 1958 World's Fair and was later moved to the park. Filming permits for Belvedere 21 can be applied for directly through the Belvedere.
A striking monument is the “Silber-metallische Säule" ("silver-metallic column"). It was created by Viennese artist Heinrich Deutsch and commemorates the founding of the 2nd Republic in 1945. Another monument is dedicated to Fryderyk Franciszek Chopin (1810 to 1849). It is a modern sculpture by the Polish sculptor Krzysztof Bednarski.
Filming permits are issued by Municipal Department 42 - Parks and Gardens.
Applications must be submitted via the Vienna Film Commission.