Surrounded by modern architecture, only 7 minutes from the city center and a few minutes' walk from the Danube and the Danube Park: as Austria's largest conference center, the Austria Center Vienna offers space for over 20,000 people and has 24 halls for 100 to 4,320 people, 180 meeting rooms and 26,000 m² of exhibition space.
The Billrothhaus was built in 1893 and combines the tradition of the Vienna Medical School's with the requirements of a modern medical event center. It is located in the heart of Vienna and is one of the finest medical-historical monuments in Europe.
In the traditional ballroom of the Billrothhaus medical and scientific congresses, symposia and evening events can be held. The renovated premises (classroom / administration room / reading room / library) are available for medical-related press conferences, consensus meetings, round-table discussions and seminars. The adapted library area is suitable for receptions, cocktail parties and corporate exhibitions.
The Hilton Vienna Plaza was completely renovated in 2014 and is located directly on Vienna's famous Ringstrasse opposite the Börsensälen and in the immediate vicinity of the City Hall, the University and Vienna's Old Town. The Danube Canal is also only a few minutes walk away. It can be reached by car, public transport or a hackney carriage.
It has 254 rooms and an event space of 627 m². It is decorated in art decó style, which is expressed by black and white marble, black wood paneling, graphic patterns and many gold elements. In general, the hotel is a trip back in time to the 1920s, so it is well suited for period films. The whole style is luxurious and exclusive with a lot of love for authentic vintage decorative elements such as an old telephone in the hallway or peacock feathers in the rooms. In addition to the exceptional style, the hotel is also known for its gourmet cuisine and cocktail creations. The hotel features a bar and restaurant, as well as an executive lounge, a gym, guest elevators, a staircase, and a spiral staircase. Suites have balconies with panoramic views of downtown.
REAKTOR - former establishment Gschwandner | Three halls from the Viennese fin-de-siècle, originally built as a wine tavern and later as ballrooms, the ensamle reopened in 2018 as REAKTOR, a place of the arts.
The University of Vienna was founded by Duke Rudolph IV in 1365. It is the oldest university in the German-speaking world and one of the largest in Central Europe. The academic institutions of the University of Vienna are spread over more than 60 locations, its centre being the historic Main building on Wiener Ringstraße. It houses the university management, library, administrative institutions, various departments and some of the deans’ offices, as well as many lecture rooms and the Audimax, the largest lecture hall of the entire university.
A virtuelle tour through this building:
An important centre of the University of Vienna is the University Campus nearby, housing most of the institutes of the cultural studies as well as the new lecture rooms’ centre. It is also a special place for students, academic persons, the presentation of public art, relaxing in the park of the atrium. The building is a mixture of traditional and modern architecture.
The new building "Institutsgebäude NIG" is situated near the main building of the University of Vienna. It includes the central IT-service, three lecture rooms and the information centre for students. The building opened in 1962 and in the years 2001 to 2004 the Unibversitiy of Vienna had been restored.
The University Währinger Strasse 29 is one new location of the University of Vienna in the 9th district. The institution offers a wide range of studies and awards including Diploma, Master, Bachelor and Doctorate. It also includes a library with a reading room, three lecture halls, IT-lecture rooms, research laboratory and also rooms for camera and cut education.