Since 1965, the Film Museum's retrospective programs have taken place at the Museum's own screening venue, located in the Albertina building behind Vienna's State Opera. In the fall of 1989, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the institution, the Film Museum inaugurated its "Invisible Cinema." Based on a concept by Peter Kubelka that was first realized in New York at the Anthology Film Archives in 1970, the Invisible Cinema, with its all black design, serves as a "viewing and listening machine," permitting viewers to focus their concentration with utmost intensity on the film being shown.
Following a period of extensive renovation and expansion at the hands of architects Friedrich Mascher and Erich Steinmayr as well as technical upgrades to the projection and sound system, the cinema re-opened as "Das Unsichtbare Kino 3" ("The Invisible Cinema 3") in 2003.
The venue has 163 seats and two wheelchair spaces, is barrier-free and equipped with an inductive sound system.
The Billrothhaus was built in 1893 and combines the tradition of the Vienna Medical School's with the requirements of a modern medical event center. It is located in the heart of Vienna and is one of the finest medical-historical monuments in Europe.
In the traditional ballroom of the Billrothhaus medical and scientific congresses, symposia and evening events can be held. The renovated premises (classroom / administration room / reading room / library) are available for medical-related press conferences, consensus meetings, round-table discussions and seminars. The adapted library area is suitable for receptions, cocktail parties and corporate exhibitions.
The Vienna GARTENBAUKINO is a special place among the cinemas of this city. Built in 1960, it has all the grandeur and self-confidence of a classic premiere cinema. With its impressive large screen and 736 seats, it is the last one of the large single-screen cinemas in Vienna's inner city.
With the VIENNALE as its owner, the GARTENBAUKINO has established itself as a fixed component of urban cinema culture.
The four former gas tanks built up in 1896 were rebuilt while a great construction from 1999 till 2001. The Gasometers have developed a city in the city-character, with over 800 apartments, a hall of residence, a music hall (capacity 2000–3000 people), shops and further more. Given the fact that the huge Gasometers are seen from afar, they are known as Simmering's landmark.
HAUS DER MUSIK is located in the former palace of Archduke Carl (1771 - 1847) in the Seilerstätte in the 1st district. Since the year 2000, the newly renovated building has been home to HAUS DER MUSIK, an interactive experience museum on the subjects of music, Viennese Classicism and sound/sound phenomena. The motif worlds revolve around classical Viennese architecture (magnificent staircase, belletage with Vienna Philharmonic Museum), museum rooms with objects on famous classical composers to modern museum design on the topics of sound production (Science Walls). Interactive games such as the Virtual Conductor or the Stairplay Sound Staircase and the innovative virtual reality laboratory Sonotopia, which was only opened in 2020, are worthy of special mention. The attic level with an event room with stage and a 2-storey event area with bar completes the classic museum operation.
A hotel that is not like a hotel, but in fact much more: a home away from home. It is like visiting friends or old acquaintances only with better breakfast and comfortable beds. With us you should be able to leave everyday life behind, feel good and be spoiled. For example with a sauna visit in our spa or in summer enjoying an ice cream in our garden. Although our design and boutique hotel is located in the center of Vienna's city, you don't notice the hustle and bustle around. You enter the hotel and realize with every step into our house how the noise level gets lower and lower and how the stress slowly falls off your shoulders. The Hollmann Beletage is an oasis of peace and well-being in a charming house from the Gründerzeit with 25 rooms and one suite. With us, time passes a little slower.
Künstlerhaus, one of the largest art associations in Austria, was built in 1868 as a center for culture and art. Positioned centrally at the Karlsplatz, its form and layout are based on the design of an Italian renaissance villa. Following a thorough restoration phase, the building continues to echo its original plan, however it is now provided with high-end technology and equipment, allowing to proceed with various types of exhibitions and events. Furthermore, the Stadkino (former Künstlerhauskino with a historic hall dating back to 1948) as well as the hospitality spaces of Ludwig & Adele (including a café, a restaurant and a bar) are located in the Künstlerhaus building.
REAKTOR - former establishment Gschwandner | Three halls from the Viennese fin-de-siècle, originally built as a wine tavern and later as ballrooms, the ensamle reopened in 2018 as REAKTOR, a place of the arts.
Established in 1981, the STADTKINO cinema screens national and international movies within the Künstlerhaus, close to Karlsplatz.
Art-house cinema programming.
One screening room with 285 seats, a restaurant and two outside areas.
The TAG - Theater has a beautiful foyer with a small bar, as well as an additional rehearsal room (high ceilings, dance floor). The numerous moods that can be created make the TAG a creative hotspot in Vienna, which is suitable for a variety of artistic works. For more photos and/or information, please feel free to contact us.
Built in 1912, the Votiv Cinema is one of the oldest cinemas of Vienna, located next to the university.
While it was technologically modernized over the last 100 years, the venue preserves its historical character and is by today Austria's most successful art house cinema.