The Brigittenauer Bridge is a six-lane road bridge over the Danube in Vienna. She has foot and cycle paths and is characterized by the red color. It connects the two Viennese districts Brigittenau and Floridsdorf. The bridge opened 1982.
The "Danube Island" is besides a flood protection for the city a huge recreation area for the people. Due to the nearly-natural configuration it's also a habitat for numerous animals and plants. The length of the island is 21 km, the wideness 250 meter.
"Moments of happiness on board" ... this is the slogan of the red and white DDSG fleet, consisting of six modern ships, which set sail on countless day and evening cruises. No matter whether it's for countless boat trips through the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Wachau, a sightseeing cruise on the Vienna Danube Canal or an evening cruise full of entertainment and culinary delights: on board of our fleet, we focus on relaxation, recreation and experience.
The ship MS Admiral Tegetthoff, which was completely redesigned in 2012, was built in 1987 and fulfils all expectations for a pleasant cruise. In addition to scheduled cruises, the ship is ideal for presentations, celebrations and parties of all kinds - as probably the most famous charter ship in Austria, it is equipped with LCD screens, a sophisticated lighting concept and an attractive interior design. An onboard kitchen, the technical equipment of the light and sound sector as well as the generous room concept make the stay extremely pleasant. The ship is also equipped with a WC and an elevator for disabled passangers.
In 1987 the "Österreichische Schiffswerft" delivered the two identical ships MS Admiral Tegetthoff and MS Prinz Eugen. The MS Admiral Tegetthoff leads the fleet of the DDSG Blue Danube. It is probably Austria's most famous charter ship and has already been completely renovated twice: in 2001 in Art Nouveau design and in 2012 in a modern look without losing its maritime character.
The Donaustadtbrücke is a metro bridge over the Danube and New Danube and connects the districts of Vienna Leopoldstadt and Danube city. It has two parts. It is a asymmetric cable bridge. The Danube Island and the New Danube are spanned by a cantilever bridge.
The Floridsdorf Bridge is a road bridge over the Danube in Vienna. It connects the two Viennese districts Brigittenau and Floridsdorf. It has dual carriageways in both directions. Downstream it has a five-meter wide pedestrian and cycle track and tram tracks. The current bridge has a total width of 31.4 meters and the area of the flood bridge is 37.4 meters.
The "Friedensbrücke" crosses the Danube Canal and connects the 9th and 20th district. The bridge was destroyed in World War II and reopend in Feburary 1946. The bridge is located near the Franz-Josefs station and the Gartenpalais Liechtenstein as well as the Augarten.
The "Marienbrücke" crosses the Danube Canal and connects the 1st and 2nd district. The bridge was destroyed in World War II and rebuilt in 1953. The statue of Virgin Mary is located in the middle of the bridge.
The MS Blue Danube is the youngest member of the DDSG Blue Danube fleet. The ship was built in 1990 for cruises on the Upper Austrian Danube, for trips in the "Schlögener Schlinge", and was therefore originally named MS Schlögen. However, it soon changed her area of use to Vienna. Since 2007, the MS Schlögen was used as a round trip ship for the DDSG Blue Danube on the Vienna Danube Canal. The ship is mainly used for Danube Canal tours as well as a charter ship and shows you the natural landscapes of the Danube as well as the most beautiful sides of Vienna along the Danube Canal.
Vienna was once a Celtic settlement called Vindobona. Around 15 B.C., this settlement was assigned to the Roman Empire and the Danube became the imperial border. Vindobona was adapted as a Roman legionary camp when the Romans built fortifications and settlements along the Danube. In 1995 the MS Vindobona was renovated and redesigned by Friedensreich Hundertwasser. The Hundertwasser ship - as the Vindobona is also called - is now itself one of the attractions of Vienna, making it one of the city's most extraordinary venues for events.
The MS Vindobona is known as a "pleasure ship to dream"! The extraordinary interior designed by Hundertwasser makes the stay on board a cultural and diversified experience.
The passenger ship was built in 1998 by the Lux-Werft shipyard in Mondorf am Rhein. After initial adaptations and alterations, the ship was transferred to Austria in February 2013. During the voyage, which lasted just over a week, the DDSG Blue Danube's new fleet covered around 1,165 km on the Rhine, Main and Danube, passing through as many as 63 floodgates.
The hull of the MS Wien is completely made of steel. It has a normal bow shape and a transom stern. For about 150 passengers seating is available on all decks. In total, 240 passengers will find room on the new ship. All technical equipment of the ship complies with the new EU shipping technology regulation.
On the main deck there are: an air-conditioned salon with about 90 seats, a modern equipped kitchen, toilets including wheelchair accessible disabled toilet, a large bar and a backward access to the upper deck. Buffet areas and a spacious dance floor are available for events.
An air-conditioned salon with about 60 seats, a lounge on the open deck with about 30 seats and the wheelhouse define the upper deck. The lounge can be used open or closed depending on the weather. On cooler days, radiant heaters also provide a feel-good atmosphere on the open deck.
From the upper deck you can access another large open deck, which takes up almost the entire length of the ship. Benches ensure a comfortable stay on board. A special highlight is a live-cam, which - mounted on the bow - constantly shows the impressions and pictures of the shipping. The live pictures from the captain's view are transmitted on the screen on the upper deck.
The MS WIEN can also be rented for events of all kinds and persuades with a modern interior and excellent technical equipment.
The Stadtpark, located in the 1st and 3rd district (Innere Stadt and Landstraße) was opened in 1862 and houses on about 95,934 m2 numerous monuments and sculptures, among others of the composers Franz Schubert, Franz Lehar and Anton Bruckner as well as of the painter Hans Makart and last but not least the world-famous Johann Strauss monument (bronze statue with marble relief from 1921).
There are six ornamental fountains and three drinking fountains. Large avenue trees shield the park from the ring road. Meadows, water areas and ornamental shrubs, as well as rare and protected trees (Ginko, Christ's Thorn, Pyramid Poplar, Caucasian Wingnut) are characteristic for the park, within which several restaurants, inns and “Schanigaerten” as well as the Kursalon Wien are located. Public toilet facilities are available.
The Wienfluss runs through the Stadtpark (entrance through the Wienflussportal) and is crossed by two bridges (Kleine Ungarbrücke, Stadtparksteg). A dog zone on the Wienflusspromenade, playgrounds and park benches complete the design of the historic garden area.
Filming permits are issued by Municipal Department 42 - Parks and Gardens.
Applications must be submitted via the Vienna Film Commission.