The “Aula der Wissenschaften” has always been a meeting place and a place to share knowledge. Dating back to the 17th century, the building with its lecture halls was originally used by the university. At the top floor, the early baroque building has accommodated the impressive hall of the Jesuit theatre from the very beginning. During the 18th century the “Wiener Zeitung”– the oldest daily newspaper in the world – had its editorial department on these highly traditional premises, and also the Austrian State Printing House had its home there. After the renovation and restoration of the building (2003 – 2006), the historic premises, with their pillars, arches and vaulted ceilings, have retained their natural atmosphere, while intensifying the dialogue with the present. Spacious glass surfaces provide the kind of transparency that is also inherent in state-of-the-art science: progressive, open, an escape from the elitist, intellectual ivory tower.
The club B72 is situated in the historical brick vault on the Viennese Gürtel. It has been an institution for live music for 15 years. The first brick vault offers the main bar and the next one includes the stage and the dancefloor.
The Billrothhaus was built in 1893 and combines the tradition of the Vienna Medical School's with the requirements of a modern medical event center. It is located in the heart of Vienna and is one of the finest medical-historical monuments in Europe.
In the traditional ballroom of the Billrothhaus medical and scientific congresses, symposia and evening events can be held. The renovated premises (classroom / administration room / reading room / library) are available for medical-related press conferences, consensus meetings, round-table discussions and seminars. The adapted library area is suitable for receptions, cocktail parties and corporate exhibitions.
Franz Landtmann opened his coffee house in 1878. Nowadays it is one of the most famous and established Viennese Coffeehouse- Institutions.
Guests: Peter Altenberg, Sigmund Freud, Gustav Mahler, Max Reinhardt, Marlene Dietrich, Romy Schneider, Burt Lancaster, Hans Moser, die niederländische Königin Juliane, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Sir Paul Mc Cartney.
Der Dschungel Wien is in the former premises of the Residenzkino and Tobacco Museum, located in the Museumsquartier.
The premises consist of 3 stages, foyer with cafe and 2 studios, as well as 3 artists' cloakrooms.
Newly renovated theater hall; latest technology; theater with one rank; the most modern equipment; chic stage design aesthetics freight elevator available, usable adjoining rooms as well as a separate and usable rehearsal stage with the same dimensions as the stage General renovation and reconstruction in 2013.
- 200 sqm theater hall, 1750 x 1160 x 550 cm. Three white walls, one night blue wall + curtains. Consistent light grid, consistent sprung floor.
- 140 sqm event hall, centered around a bar.
- Three artist wardrobes.
Künstlerhaus, one of the largest art associations in Austria, was built in 1868 as a center for culture and art. Positioned centrally at the Karlsplatz, its form and layout are based on the design of an Italian renaissance villa. Following a thorough restoration phase, the building continues to echo its original plan, however it is now provided with high-end technology and equipment, allowing to proceed with various types of exhibitions and events. Furthermore, the Stadkino (former Künstlerhauskino with a historic hall dating back to 1948) as well as the hospitality spaces of Ludwig & Adele (including a café, a restaurant and a bar) are located in the Künstlerhaus building.
Vienna‘s new venue for music and theatre – the Vienna Boys’ Choir Concert Hall in the Augarten – opens in December 2012!
An exciting new venue has sprung up in the heart of Vienna, a place with a focus on young people where music and theatre meet. The new stage is equipped to the highest standards, and the auditorium has seating for 400 people. The stage measures 12 x 9 metres. It has an optimally designed orchestra pit and the finest acoustic in the city Here in this new hotspot for music and theatre you can experience the Vienna Boys’ Choir performing live, rock and jazz concerts, drama, and many more cultural events.
Concert hall capacity: 413
Stage: 12 x 9 m
Orchestra pit: 12 x 3.5 m
Wheelchair accessible, 4 wheelchair spaces
Architects: archipel architektur+kommunikation
The building is a unique ensemble of existing baroque structures (the gatehouse and wall) and modern architecture. At the heart of MuTh is the new Concert Hall. Contrasting with the coolness of the glass and metal used in the exterior of the new construction, warm materials and strong colours are used in the Hall. The magnificent ambient sound – enriched through the use of acoustic panels and special seating – is particularly noteworthy.
REAKTOR - former establishment Gschwandner | Three halls from the Viennese fin-de-siècle, originally built as a wine tavern and later as ballrooms, the ensamle reopened in 2018 as REAKTOR, a place of the arts.
Exclusive event location in the heart of Döbling, Vienna's 19th district. Historical ambiance, built in 1837, restaurated in 2010. Centerpiece is the "Straußsaal", an elegant "Biedermeier" - ballroom with stage and gallery, gorgeous chandeliers and original Thonet furniture. The one-of-a-kind ballroom whith its octogon shape offers a direct access to the garden.
The Senator Hotel **** Vienna offers functional space in a colorful design and is located in the Heuriger area of Vienna. The rooms and suites are furnished in lively colors and offer an oasis of calm, some with a view of the green inner city garden. A hotel bar and the parking garage with 90 parking spaces complete the offer.
The Spanish Riding School in Vienna is the only institution in the world which has practiced for over 430 years and continues to cultivate classical equitation in the Renaissance tradition of the haute école.
The objective of classical equitation is to study the way the horse naturally moves and to cultivate the highest levels of haute école elegance the horse is capable of through systematic training. The result creates an unparalleled harmony between rider and horse, as only Vienna's Spanish Riding School achieves.
The Sträußelsäle - the interval foyer of the Theater in der Josefstadt with its Biedermeier flair - is wonderfully suited as a ballroom or other large events.
In 1924 Max Reinhardt was able to have the Sträußelsäle splendidly renovated by Carl Witzmann. In 1954 the Sträußelsäle were rebuilt by Otto Niedermoser. In 1983, the original wall structure and ornamental decorations were restored after the old originals had been successfully uncovered, and an attempt was made to restore the Biedermeier color with the "Rasumofsky Green". In 2007 the Sträußelsäle were gently renovated as part of the general renovation of the Theater in der Josefstadt.
The TAG - Theater has a beautiful foyer with a small bar, as well as an additional rehearsal room (high ceilings, dance floor). The numerous moods that can be created make the TAG a creative hotspot in Vienna, which is suitable for a variety of artistic works. For more photos and/or information, please feel free to contact us.
Theater Akzent is a proscenium stage. The auditorium with fixed row seating is slightly ascending, the balcony is strongly recessed. 455 seats (95 of which are on the balcony). Removability of the seats allows for the installation of an orchestra pit for operas and operetta.
The theatre’s main stage spans 14.5 metres in width and 12 metres in depth with a maximum play area of 10 x 10 metres. The portal section can be adjusted to a width of 8 to 10 metres and to a height of 3.6 to 5 metres.
Iron curtain (weighing approximately 5,000 kg), elevating platforms, scenery lift (for a direct link of loading bay and stage), portal bridge and the two main curtains (their panels can be lifted or divided) are electrically driven and hydraulically operated. Eleven electrically operated hoists for lifting of curtains, banners and walls.
227 digital dimmers with an electrical power of 3kW or 5kW control more than 200 spot lights both on stage and in the auditorium. Moving lights equipped with the most advanced LED technology and state-of-the-art LED colour changers to ensure efficient and effective implementations of your lighting concepts.
Powerful video beamers transmit projections of any kind from any digital data source and display them full screen on the opera foil.
Main system: P.A: KLING & FREITAG Professional Active Fullrange Soundsystem
Speakers are operated via a Digital Matrix YAMAHA DM 32 24/96
Feeds are mostly performed by our computer system allowing for optimal, timely and quick “random access”.
World music, Wienerlied, pop, vaudeville, a cappella, cabaret & comedy, theater for children.
Its location in one of the city's oldest neighborhoods and its history as a former Jura Soyfer Theater and popular 'Pawlatschen'-stage make the Theater am Spittelberg a Viennese original. Its unmistakable cosy flair has made it unique in the cultural scene.
Medium-sized wooden stage, 170 seats on three sides of the stage with fixed seating. It features a complete sound and lighting system.
Year after year, the Theater am Spittelberg offers a wide variety of productions ranging from cabaret to world music, from international acts to performances by the local up-and-coming scene, from adult theater to children's comedy (its own Sunday family show), always spiced with a typically Viennese touch. Quality and originality in a traditional venue thus combine for a multi-layered audience.
Home to various music festivals (Wien im Rosenstolz Landpartie, Sommerbühne, Wien im Rosenstolz, Voice Mania, Wintertainment).
To coincide with the celebrations marking the 250th anniversary of Mozart's birth in 2006, the Theater an der Wien was reopened in January of that year as the new opera house of the City of Vienna. Since then, it has presented itself as an innovative "stagione" opera house. The contemporary and outstanding musical quality of the productions make the venue on Wienzeile a centre of baroque opera and modern music theatre in Vienna.
The Josefstadt Theatre is one of the most successful stages in the German speaking theatre world. It is known for the best artistic craftsmanship, high quality acting and tradition. It is not just a Viennese theatre; it is an Austrian Institution. The architecture ensures an intimate liaison between actors and audience contributing to the unique performances at the “Theater in der Josefstadt”.
The theatre was founded in 1788 to spur on the tavern’s „Bey den goldenen Straußen” profit. In 1822 demand for the theatre was so high that the small stage was replaced under the famous Biedermeier architect Josef Kornhäusel. In 1924 Max Reinhardt renovated the theatre inspired by the Teatro La Fenice in Venice.
Facilities: Loggia Theatre with 3 floors, auditorium, stage, salons, rehearsal stage (dimensions as original stage), additional rooms.
The Tschauner Bühne, which has existed since 1909, is the last still existing improvised stage and the only summer stage in Vienna with a sliding roof. In 1987 the building was bought and renovated by the Wiener Volksbildungswerk. It was reopened in 1989. The playing season runs from mid-June to the beginning of September. Plays take place in any weather. The program offers classical improvised theater, impromptu 2.0, music theater, cabaret, music and children's programs. The house in Ottakring has 340 seats. The restaurant with garden and Heurigen atmosphere spoils guests during the playing season with both the classic Tschauner menu (Knacker and beer/sprinkles) and fine delicacies. Since 2016 Monika Erb is the new managing director of the Tschauner Bühne.
Since the season 2012/13 the Theater an der Wien presents opera productions from Baroque to modern music with their Young Ensemble (JET) at Wiener Kammeroper (founded 1953 by Hans Gabor). Located on Fleischmarkt 24 the theatre has a seating capacity of approx. 300 seats. The intimate atmosphere of its auditorium as well as a mix of art deco elements and an interior design of the 1950/60s provide the unique charm of this location.
Austria’s largest events hall was built between 1954 and 1957 according to plans by the world famous architect Prof. Dr. Roland Rainer. The list of those who have performed in front of several thousand people in the past decades reads like a who-is-who of the international sports, culture and entertainment scene. More than a million people per year visit the events hall of Wiener Stadthalle.
The pictures have been approved for editorial use and are available free of charge if they are used for announcements and coverage in the press and media about the Wiener Stadthalle, quoting the source and copyright .