Limited filming permit
If certain requirements for filming on public traffic areas are fulfilled (e.g. team size up to 5 persons, no interference with public transport, etc.) the VIENNA FILM COMMISSION can issue a so called "Limited Filming Permit".
Requirements and restrictions:
- the size of your team should not exceed the number of 5 people (including crew and cast)
- allowed are only scenes that are qualified as presentations, interviews or the „participation in regular traffic scenes“
- no actors that can cause the gathering of people because of their celebrity status, which may lead to an interference with traffic
- you are only allowed to use: camera, tripod and boom (no "heavy" equipment like dolly, lights etc.);
- the film shooting should not interfere with any traffic (cars, bikes, pedestrians)
- no traffic stops
If above mentioned conditions aren't met, a permit from the Municipal Department Traffic Management and Organisation (MA 46) is required. Read more here.
Excluded from this "limited filming permit" are, among others: Museumsquartier, Danube Canal and Danube Island, Prater, Heldenplatz, Maria-Theresien-Platz, Rathausplatz, markets and parks of the City of Vienna and the federal government.
If you have any questions please contact the VIENNA FILM COMMISSION.