Permit for filming within the jurisdiction of the federal government and on private property

For filming in Vienna a filming permit is generally required.

For filming on federal premises (administrative offices, museums, federal gardens, etc.), the relevant office must be contacted directly in advance for a filming permit. If filming is carried out on private property (restaurants, bars, coffee houses, clubs, parking garages, etc.), permission must be obtained from the owners of the property. 

We will be happy to provide the contact details of the authorities in charge.

If you have any questions please contact the VIENNA FILM COMMISSION.