Permit-free filming in case of "current affairs"

Shootings on current topics for TV, radio, news services and the press do not require a letter of recommendation from the VIENNA FILM COMMISSION.

For filming on "current affairs" in buildings owned by the City of Vienna, please contact the relevant municipal department of the City of Vienna in advance to obtain a filming permit. This also applies to shooting in the area of responsibility of the federal government (museums, administrative offices, etc.) and on private locations (restaurants, bars, coffee houses, clubs, etc.).

If you have any questions please contact the VIENNA FILM COMMISSION.